Thursday 14 February 2013

Skill Exchange Laboratory Sessions

I have contacted Claire Lyons and Pip from the Art Society to see if they would like to collaborate with me in helping me gather skills for the skill exchange Library -
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi there,
    Gregory Steckelmacher passed me on your details. I emailed you a while ago about my project of the sketchbook library. I was wondering if you'd given it any thought?
    Greg said that one of the things that you organise at the art society is book binding. That sounds like a lot of fun. Can any one come along, would it be possible to come to the next session please?
    Look forward to hearing back from you.
    Best,
    Jessica
  • 29 November 2012
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jessica,
    Thanks for getting in touch with me! A few of us from committee actually did read your email about the sketchbook library and are very excited about it - what a great idea you've started! We would love to meet up and chat about it, if you'd be up for that? My co-workshop co-ordinator Claire, Laura and Iyan (President and Vice president), and I, were wondering if we could all meet up for a chat together to see how we can both fit what you do into a workshop setting, and if we can incorporate it into the society in any other way as well. Would you like to meet up and do that? Don't want to overwhelm you with a whole lot of us at once, but I promise we're all chilled and not scary people!
    Also, you mentioned bookbinding - yes we do do that, and it is fantastic! I'm afraid you just missed the last one we ran though, but we'll definitely be doing more next semester, so if you want, I could add you to our mailing list and you could keep an eye out for the next one that way?
    Thanks again for getting in touch, and I look forward to hearing from you! Have a good weekend
    Pip
  • 4 December 2012
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    HI Pip,
    sorry for the tardy reply. It's great to hear back from you and have a positive reply. Let's definitely go for a coffee to talk about how we can collaborate. How about some time next week? I have a pretty busy schedule this week... assessments etc.
    Any time after Monday would be good for me.
    Let me know when suits.
    Best,
    Jessica
  • 8 December 2012
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jessica,
    Yes a coffee would be great! I actually wonder, though, if we could do it in the new year instead? It's just that revision and exams are getting so busy at the moment, and I'd have a clearer head and much more time to be able to talk with you if we met after all this craziness was over! Would that be alright?
    Thanks,
    Pip
  • 15 January
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi Pip,
    Happy New Year. Sorry, I thought I had replied your message.... I meant to say yes! let's meet in the new year. I actually had my dissertation last semester so I have much more time now to concentrate on more important things!
    Are you free any time over the next week or so? When's your next meeting with the art society?
    Jess x
  • 16 January
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess,
    Happy new year to you too! And well done for getting that dissertation out of the way! It would be great to meet up at some point - we are having our committee meeting tomorrow, so I could mention this to them then, and get back to you with times for when we could all meet up - I'm sure next week at some point would work
    Thanks Jess, see you soon!
    Pip
  • 17 January
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi Pip,
    If you could mention something then that would be great. I am free next week Monday, Tuesday and Friday, if you can do either of those days?
    Let me know when suits you x
  • 19 January
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess,
    Yep absolutely, I mentioned it to them and they're excited about getting involved with your sketchbook library idea We thought it would be good if I and the co-workshop coordinator, Claire, could meet up with you together, would that be alright? I'll just get in touch with her about when she can do next week and get back to you
    Thanks,
    Pip
  • 19 January
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi Pip,
    that sounds great! Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Jess
  • 29 January
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess,
    I'm so sorry for the slow reply on this! We are both free on Friday though, but not the evening - what time would work for you?
    See you soon,
    Pip
  • 31 January
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi!
    No worries. Let's do Friday then. How about morning? Say 11?- do you know Love Crumbs by ECA?
    Jess x
  • 31 January
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess,
    That sounds great to me, and I love Love Crumbs! That's a favourite spot for me, but I know it's a little further away for Claire: would you be able to get into central instead, to make it easier for her? Do you know Olly Bongo's cafe on bristo place?
    Pip
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Sure I can do that too! See you at olly bongo at 11?
  • 1 February
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess, ah dear I'm afraid Claire can no longer do it on Friday, I'm so sorry about this - could we try next week instead? If not, I could always meet you by myself. Sorry about this!
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    its no problem. everyone's busy! Can you both do tomorrow morning? x
  • Pip Tauwhare
    oh thanks jess, so sorry about that! i'll just check and get back to you
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    its no problem at all... if its easier- text me? my number is 07595 386501 x
  • 4 February
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi Pip,
    Just to recap today’s meeting. We will be holding your second fashion workshop on Monday 11th February from 5.30-8.30 in the Matthew Gallery in Minto House.
    Perhaps you want to OK this first with Maurice then I can send him an email about my Skill Exchange project if he wishes to know more? Like I said in my text, as long as he is willing for my collaborator Sarah and myself to take sound and video recordings and some photographs then that’s great.
    I will be setting up the space in the afternoon on the Monday so please let me know what you need in the way of chairs, tables, boards, lights, paper etc….
    On another note, I will be going ahead with this speed-dating skill exchange on Thursday 21st February. If I passed on a poster/notice of this do you think you would be so kind as to circulate it within the society please? I thought it might be of interest to some of the members who have skills and may want to take part?
    I’m so excited for us working together next week.
    Thanks again and please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help the smooth running of the workshop!
    Jess x
  • 7 February
  • Pip Tauwhare
    Hi Jess! Just a quick one to let you know I've sent your message on to maurice, and he is happy to run the workshop in the gallery - just waiting to hear back from him if it's ok for you guys to film and record. Will let you know
    Thanks so much for being willing to set up for us too, I have asked him what he needs, so will also get back to you on that.
    Please do pass on a poster! If its an email blurb or something electronicy like that, we can put it on our fb page and try to email it round to everyone too.
    I am really excited about working together too! I hope the rest of your week goes well, see you soon
    Pip x
  • 14 February
  • Jessica Yanti Hardjowirogo Dunleavy
    Hi Pip,
    the workshop went so well on monday! i had a great evening - i hope that everyone else did too. Claire mentioned that you were having a jewellery making session soon with recycled materials. I was wondering if we'd be able to get involved again recording etc... ???
    Let me know, and should I get in touch with Claire about it perhaps?
    xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment