Tuesday 12 February 2013

Response from Chillout Society about Chill Skill Exchange

Positive reply from Chillout society - perhaps the session I will run will be complementary to the busy work schedules we have at uni. I could offer uni, massages and then perhaps yoga????

response from emma:

Hi Emma,

I hope that all is well with you?? And that you are safely back in Edinburgh - I am sorry that you couldn't make it last night but I will try my best to get everything down in this email.

Please find attached photographs of JO5, the room at Edinburgh College of Art where the workshop will be taking place. You can try and visualise the space a little better. Please let me know what you need in terms of space and equipment - do you need tables/chairs/blankets?

You, me, Alyssa, Danny and Anna will be holding the tutorials which are: sushi-making (me and alyssa), yoga, (danny and Anna) and  massage (you!). They will all be going on simultaneously for the hour and a half and it's totally up to you as to how you run your schedule. Participants will be arriving from 3.30 so perhaps come earlier, around 3 if you fancy setting up etc?? I'll be there from about 1 setting up.

I cannot be sure how many participants will be coming along - although I have had a lot of positive responses from those I know will be attending about massage! The facebook group is on about 30 attendees for the morning activities taking place over on chamber street so you may have about five people per 30-minute workshop slot, which will rotate... does that sound OK?

Please email, call or text if you have any questions whatsoever. I appreciate your contributions to this workshop so much - thank you again!

That's all for now x x x x x  Jess x x x x x

From: Emma Ryan [emmamryan@live.co.uk]
Sent: 18 February 2013 16:02
To: DUNLEAVY Jessica
Subject: RE: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!

 
that works for me. won't be able to stay long though, sorry!, it's my flatmate's birthday.
my number's 07854985v090, just give decide a text when you've decided where to meet.
emmmmmmmma.


 

From: s0820923@sms.ed.ac.uk
To: emmamryan@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:39:12 +0000

Hi Emma,

that's great! Yes, let's meet tomorrow evening. Sounds good. How about 6pm?

Jess x

From: Emma Ryan [emmamryan@live.co.uk]
Sent: 18 February 2013 13:29
To: DUNLEAVY Jessica
Subject: RE: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!

 
Hey, Jess.
My name's Emma, I'll be the one running the massage workshop. I'm not currently in Edinburgh, I get back tomorrow. I'm hoping to speak to other members of the society today. I'll definitely have one other person helping me, but I'm hoping for two. I can do a meeting tomorrow evening, if that suits?
The demonstration/talk about massage will take about half an hour, I could probably condense it less than that. However, it'll probably take another hour for people interested to do a massage on each other. But yeah, I can explain whenever we meet.
Cooooooooooool.
Emma.

 

From: s0820923@sms.ed.ac.uk
To: chilloutsoc.ed@gmail.com
CC: emmamryan@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 16:46:00 +0000

Hi Guys,

that's awesome - thanks Liv. Please let me know what you hear back from the rest of the committee and when/if you're free next week.

speak soon, Jess x

From: Chillout Society [chilloutsoc.ed@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 February 2013 16:11
To: DUNLEAVY Jessica
Cc: emma ryan
Subject: Re: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!

 
Definitely got one person on our committee up for it, and she is co-ordinating other members who might be interested. (cc'd)

Emma: could you let Jessica know what the chat is for this? And are you free to meet up to discuss the event next week, as below?

Thanks,
Liv

Il giorno venerdì 15 febbraio 2013, DUNLEAVY Jessica ha scritto:
Hi Liv,

sorry to keep bothering you with emails. I was just wondering how many of the chill out society will be able to make it across next Thursday at ECA for the Skill Exchange. I am really excited about the event and am just in the process now of organising the running of the afternoon. Like I said, we have a yoga teacher confirmed who will teach some simple exercises and I will be running a short workshop myself.

I was also thinking that it would be a good idea for us to all meet some time early next week so run through what will be happening.

Please let me know when would be a good time for you - I'm pretty flexible.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

All the best,

Jessica

From: Chillout Society [chilloutsoc.ed@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 February 2013 13:46
To: DUNLEAVY Jessica
Subject: Re: The Skill Exchange Library event during Innovative Learning Week needs you!

 
Hi Jessica,

We could definitely do a mini shoulder massage or head massage tutorial in half an hour! I'll speak to our members to see who is around during ILW. Is there a maximum number of members that can participate (I can see this being quite popular!)

Thanks,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment