Friday 15 February 2013

advertisement for chill-skill exchange amongst the yoga society

Hi guys,
Hopefully this isn't clogging up your inbox with one too many emails, but one of our members is hosting a skill-exchange workshop in IWL and I promised to pass this along - sounds like a fab and easy way to learn a new skill, completely free of charge and with nibbles and refreshments included! Have a read:
 
 
Hi there,

I am a final year MA Fine Art student and a keen member of the Yoga Society for years. During Innovative Learning Week, on Thursday 21st February, I wish to hold a speed skill-exchange event for university societies and others to take part in. I am writing to see if any one in the yoga society would like to take part by presenting a 15 minute yoga tutorial as a skill-exchange? the exchange will last 30 minutes before moving on to the next.
 
So far I have a sushi-maker and head/shoulder massagers who are willing to give taster sessions. And to complete this trio I would LOVE a yogi (being a keen one myself!) The event will last only an hour and a half and will be taking place in Edinburgh College of Art and there will also be members of the wider student body who will drop-in. 
 
The idea behind this event is to celebrate the hobbies and skills that we practice in our spare time for ourselves and for enjoyment – not those that we expect to get paid for or do with the aspiration to get a job at the end of it. We all obviously work so hard on our degrees but I’m interested in the activities that we undertake alongside them.
 
This will be a really fun alternative event during Innovative Learning Week and as well as taking part myself, I will provide nibbles, drinks and music. It will be also be a really good opportunity to promote the yoga society.
 
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions
 
All the best,
Jessica
 
If you think you'd be interested then contact Jessica at s0820923@sms.ed.ac.uk! :)

Best wishes,
Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment