Friday 5 July 2013

......sewing

Sometimes (if in doubt) I feel the urge to sew. I never do because I find it so hard to justify. I feel that sometime soon I may have to crack. After seeing this at the Elika Gallery's (great) current show, perhaps my time has come to bite the bullet and get sewing and see where it leads me.


I'm staring down at these collected stuck together masses of notices wondering what they want me to do with them...


One of the things they remind me of, is land masses. I want to create something you have to navigate around and will reveal something new each time its studied. Although I like the scanned image and will continue to work with it, I'm hesitant to turn something so rich in texture and detail into a flat image - it may be too reductive and not serve what I am so fascinating by. Although, in truth, I am still working that bit out

No comments:

Post a Comment