Thursday 18 November 2010

On Tuesday 16th November, the bust was declared finished. The day before, the casting technician Sephan George pointed out that it might be better to leave finer details until after the cast has been made and dried as they could be lost in the process. Therefore, my priority for the clay bust was to make sure that it had sufficient volume; I plan to work directly on the plaster cast for details such as the hair and ears. 
This may come as a bit of a shock, but the plan from the onset of this project was to deface the bust once completed through an impulsive and physical attack; punching and slapping. There are many reasons why I have wanted to do this (for some time) which I will go into in more detail at a later date (I have a been keeping a written diary throughout the production of this bust which I will re-read/extract from/edit/add to and publish on this blog).


Here are some stills from the videos of me attacking the finished clay bust:





I begin casting this afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment