Friday 12 November 2010

Day 9. Today was a difficult day. With turpentine fumes filling the studio and a heavy post-lunch sugarkicksnackingsession to keep me going through the afternoon, I started to feel kInDa CrAzY and shaky (and a little sweaty).  Although I desperately wanted the bust to be finished ready for casting on Monday,  I could not ignore the disproportions and inaccuracies I noticed when stepping away from it. In an attempt to correct my poor modelling, I dashed down to the casting workshop  for more clay. It was shut (of course!). I was very frustrated and forced to accept that I would have to wait until next week (Tuesday) for the the neck to be thickened and hair to be volumised; for the bust to be- all fingers crossed- ready. punched. cast. completed.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I think this going great. I am astounded at what is within you - it's a side I do not have and have not contemplated. Take your time early next work; your work is almost outstanding. One small step for a girl, but a huge step for Papa. Lots of love, papa xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete