Sunday 7 October 2012

Life drawing research- posing myself as a life model

I have decided to investigate further, the issues of life drawing in Edinburgh College of Art by becoming a life drawing model myself. 
This way, I may be able to orchestrate my situation that I wish to create as myself being the model/posing questions. 
Myself being the model was one of the first things Annette queried in our first tutorial together. She was right in thinking that by placing myself as the model- i will bring many more levels meaning the pieces that may convoluted the real aspiration of the project, which is to discuss issues of the art school from the point of view of students and tutors. The first, being the presence/absence of life drawing.

email correspondance between myself and the organiser of life drawing at the art college:

Hi Sherry,

here are the forms all filled out (and my CV) attached. I couldn't sign them as I filled them out on the computer. However, perhaps I could sign then when we meet up?

Hope this is OK. And please let me know if there is anything else you require from me for the job!

I look forward to hearing back form you soon.

Best, Jessica
> From: s.landles@ed.ac.uk
> To: jessicadunleavy@hotmail.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 12:08:46 +0100
> Subject: Application forms - Life Model
>
> Hi Jessica. The forms are attached here. You would be working at Grade 3 with an hourly rate of 8.41. Do let me know if you have any problems printing these off. They can come back to me via internal mail. See you soon.
>
> Best wishes,
> Sherrey Landles
> Administrator (Art and Design Studies )
> Office of Lifelong Learning
> Paterson's Land
> Holyrood Road
> Edinburgh, EH8 8AQ
> 0131 650 4400
> www.ed.ac.uk/short-courses/art
>
>
>
>
> --
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
> Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment